Friday, June 13, 2008

Check out a great idea

Ever want to know if there is a great beer bar, brewery or beer store near you? How about when you're traveling? If so, check out the banner for The Beer Mapping Project at the bottom of the blog (where it will stay).
The Beer Mapping Project has to be one of the best ideas going. The bright folks behind it had the brilliant idea of using Google maps to pin point the location of breweries, beer bars, beer stores and home brewing stores across the United States and a handful of locations around the world.
I've been on this site numerous times and I still find new places to check out thanks to the new locations and updates users make to the site.
I can't say enough about this Web site. Check it out.
On a separate note, I picked up a bottle of Allagash Brewing Company's Hugh Malone Ale, part of the brewery's Tribute Series of beers. The Hugh Malone was an absolutely delicious hoppy ale. Although it was a bit pricey, $16 for 750 ml, at least $1 of every bottle sold will go the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association, the country’s oldest and largest state organic farmer coalition. I don't know why I care about organic farmers in Maine, but I have to tell myself something to justify spending that much on one bottle of beer.

No comments: