Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lamb on the spit, beer on my mind

For my latest D.C. Foodies piece, I broke in my new rotisserie with a leg of lamb. I also baked my first cobbler on the grill (However, I have no idea what it tastes like as it ran out before I got to it.). But as great as the meal was and as well as the rotisserie performed, it's that vat of beer fermenting at Shenandoah Brewing that I'm most excited about.
Three days and counting.
Saturday is going to be a big beer day. At noon, Tim and I will be bottling five cases of hoppy brown ale and carting them back to my basement. Then I'll change into something a bit more dandy and head off to Savor, the Brewers Association's big to do in D.C. Peter Falk and I went to the inaugural event last year and reportedly had one hell of a time.
In the meantime, I scratched the beer itch with a six pack of Duck-Rabbit's Imperial Russian Stout. Holy crap, it's a big, rich, black beer. It's good though. Duck-Rabbit is the latest North Carolina beer to show up in the D.C. area, behind Highland Brewing Company and Carolina Beer Company. Hopefully, the other Tar Heel breweries will follow suit.

No comments: